Prince Arinze Orisakwe, a crowned Prince of Amaebu Ebenator encient kingdom in Orsu Local Government, has outlined why Biafra agitation will never end.
This came following backdrop of Biafra agitation by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), as was asked by a Yoruba friend and a Professor, on what can be done for Igbos to jettison Biafra.
Prince Orisakwe, in a post on his social media page obtained by Orsu24news, listed eight conditions to be met before Igbos can abandon Biafra.
His Conditions was drafted from the current suffering meted on the people of Eastern region of Nigeria.
Among the conditions, he said that for Biafra agitation to be dropped that the Federal government should open up Portharcourt, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri Sea ports.
He said that the federal government should move international and diplomatic missions, embassies to Enugu, Portharcourt and Calabar.
He said that federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja, such as CBN, NNPC, e.t.c, should be relocated to Enugu, Portharcourt and Calabar.
His post Reads:
A Yoruba friend ask me under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go off the Biafra agitation and let it die down, finally laid to rest for good ?.
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos Sea ports and Open up Portharcourt, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri Sea ports.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting air flights to Lagos and Abuja airports, and only allow local connecting flights. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and Portharcourt to international flights direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, Portharcourt and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, Portharcourt and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c should be relocated to Portharcourt, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, should relocate their offices to Portharcourt, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to Portharcourt, as the oil capital of Nigeria .
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern/South-South Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/southwest be handled by one local companies and the one in the southeast/South-South should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50 years , we can try one Nigeria.
And let see if you the North and southwest will like it for a month.
Meaning that if Yorubas and Hausas needed to get visas, they will travel to Portharcourt, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.
The Yoruba friend replied: you can’t be serious, this is wickedness.
I said really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 years ?
He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me.
“I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
“Let each region develop at her own pace , with airport, sea ports , industries.
“Major projects open to be develop in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism” .
“Let Nigeria be fair to all irrespective of tribe, religion and place of birth. Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federalism character in Nigeria .
“Let have equal right, equity, respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria.
“That is what Independence is all about.